It’s Saturday, so you know what that means? Time to look at another pretty thing; this time, it’s a gorgeous shirt dress from sustainably-made and woman-owned Love UR Look!
Dress: Square Print Shirt Dress gifted by Love UR Look
Cardigan: Kelly Green cropped cardigan by MAK Sweater [Affiliate code Amy-Yemak-014 for 40% off in May]
Shoes: Turn Back Prime flats from ModCloth
I am so in love with the print of this dress! Even though it features yellow, mint, blue, red, and peach, somehow it manages to be colourful without becoming overwhelming. Plus the options for colour matching or contrasting to create different outfits are, obviously, almost endless. The short sleeves and lightweight 100% cotton fabric mean it will be incredibly comfortable to wear on warmer days, but it’s such a fun, sweet print that layering it up with cardigans (or even coloured tights, if you really want to go for it) will allow you to wear it to inject some colour on cooler days too.
Shirtdresses are always an easy, effortless wear and this dress is no exception to that rule. It has functioning pale blue fabric covered buttons, which are up-cycled from deadstock markets, as well as a hidden side zip, so it’s easy to get in and out of and would make a great option for breast-feeding parents. The matching fabric tie helps cinch you in at the waist, but can be swapped out for other belts if you want to have fun mixing up colours and belt widths. The small collar lays nicely, while the gathered skirt looks great with or without a petticoat. It can house a medium-full one well, which is what I was wearing when taking these pictures. Oh, and did you think I almost forgot to talk about the pockets? Of course not! They’re large feature front pockets in the skirt, so not only are they practical but they also function as an adorable visual attribute in the design of the dress.
I’m wearing this dress in the size 4XL, as the cotton has no stretch. It flat measures 48 inches in the bust, so it’s comfortable on my 47 inch bust, and is 40 inches flat at the waist. The skirt is 28 inches long.
Now, that may cover the specifics of this dress, but I want to touch on some of the specifics of Love UR Look because they’re a special company. Woman-owned, they’re dedicated to producing designs that are made to make you feel unique, but in the most ethical and sustainable way possible. As previously mentioned, all of their buttons are upcycled from deadstock markets, but 80% of their fabric is also upcycled from the same sources, while the remaining 20% of their fabrics are exclusive to Love UR Look and printed on organic cottons. They also ensure ethical employment status and working conditions for their factory workers, and donate to Tolfa, the local animal hospital and sanctuary close to the Love UR Look factory.
The Square Print Shirt Dress comes in sizes S-5XL, which covers UK sizes 10-24, and Love UR Look are offering £5 off your order with discount code 2021. If you can afford to support small businesses like Love UR look during this financially trying time, please do so.
Disclaimer: The dress featured in this review was gifted to my by Love UR Look in exchange for an honest review. The use of my MAK affiliate code will generate me a small commission from your order. All opinions expressed are truthful and my own, with no input from any of the companies listed or any other individuals.
COVID-19 NOTE: These pictures were taken in the safety of my garden, thus abiding by the strict social distancing rules currently in place to help reduce the spread of Covid-19. Please stay home, and when necessary to leave the house for work or necessities remember to keep at least 6 ft away from any persons you may encounter.